Sunday, December 18, 2011

Holiday Cheer

First Thing:
I made a wreath!  I found this wreath on Pinterest a million years ago and I have loved it ever since. 

However, I am not going to pay $40.00 for it on Etsy . . . sorry but it's not worth that much.  I couldn't find a how-to anywhere on the internet and thought it couldn't be that hard to recreate.  It proved to be a little harder than I thought but I managed to figure it out and make one a little more particular to my liking.  I didn't use burlap ribbon (as in the wreath above) and my outer burlap ring is a little different but I am very happy with it.
Second Thing:
My friend Emily blogged about making painted ornaments and figured my skinny, naked tree could use a whole lot more ornaments on it.  So I decided to take on the project as well.  I chose colors to match our stockings:  Evergreen, Antique White, Christmas Red, and Spring Foliage.




I also made twine covered ornaments as well, to match my burlap wreath.
Third Thing:
Our house is finally decorated for Christmas.  Really it's just our living room but through the years I expect to collect and make more things in order to decorate the rest of our happy home.



No comments: