Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 New Year

First Thing:
Nate and I held our first party ever and I'd like to think it was a success.  It was a combination of old friends, church friends, and family.  Interestingly enough all the girls spent the first part of the evening in the kitchen finishing up the food and the guys spent time in the living room watching football.  We all ended up in the living room watching the ball drop and watching NYE in Big D and toasting at midnight.  I think we might make this a tradition.

Second Thing:
Our menu consisted of many delicious things.
I made an ombre cake but used pink instead (I'll post pictures soon).

I made these coconut truffles again because they are so easy and delicious.


Nate and I always make this feta cheese and tomato dip for dinner and I figured I'd actually make it as a dip for NYE.

Lauren and I enjoyed this for Easter one year while we were in college with our friends Lauren and Tia.  They are so delicious and easy to make. 

This was a new dish.  I'm still not sure how I feel about it.  It was good and easy but I still need to perfect the recipe.




We also had the traditional velveeta and rotel queso dip . . . but it was made with white queso so it tasted like Fuzzy's and Nate made his special dip.  His dip is an interesting combination and I'm not sure I should disclose what is in it because it might make you not want to try it.  It may not sound good but it tastes amazing.  It's basically a spicy dip eaten with corn chips.
For drinks we had some sparkling wine with blackberries, beer for the boys, and of course some champagne for toasting.

Happy 2012!

No comments: