Thursday, August 23, 2012

And so it begins

First Thing:
Nate is back in school which means I'm back to being single for the next four months.  When we first got married, it took a lot of adjusting to his schedule and his need to study.  Now, I feel I'm a pro and I don't have to worry about scheduling conflicts (because he has none).  In all honesty, I am excited for another semester to get underway because that means very soon we'll have another one under our belts.  It's means one semester to Nate accomplishing one of his dreams.  I can't help but feel honored that I get to support him every step of the way.  It's a blessing Nate gets to study and I get to work.  Sometimes it's difficult and sometimes I feel I see Nate all the time but never actually get to spend time with him.  Sometimes it's rewarding when we see his GPA and all the doors God is opening for him during this time.  I know I'm a little biased when I say he's awesome, but it's nice when other people notice it too.  Here's to another semester of of single living (and trying to spend as much time as possible with my husband - even if in reality it means 1 hour a week).

Second Thing:
With Nate in his dungeon or at school most of the time, I have all the time in the world to do what I want and when I want.  Last semester all I did was lay around and watch Bravo, drink wine, and have sleepovers with my sister and my best friends (and plan a wedding).  I want to make this semester challenging as there are many things I want to accomplish.
1. As our house has started to come together this summer - with new paint, a new shower/drain/tile (unplanned but welcomed), new carpet, and new area rugs - I want to finish it this semester!
      -We've started painting - that means we're not done yet.  So I want to paint our master bath, the Husker room, the doors/frames/baseboards, and our kitchen cabinets.
      -After all the painting is through, I want to begin my decorating projects.  I am creating a very detailed excel sheet of all the things I want for each room and the supplies I need.  The first room to tackle is the living room with new pillows, wall decor, curtains, and lamps.  The second will be the kitchen with painted countertops (because no one in their right mind actually enjoys pick counters), wall decor, and some corkboard cabinets.  I then want to simultaneously work on the Husker room and our bathrooms (with a giant outline of the state of NE) with curtains.  Finally our bedroom.  I have so many ideas for the rest of the house that I have run out of creativity for our bedroom and need some time to think on it.

2.  I want to read Mere Christianity.  I want to take the time to fully understand all that C.S. Lewis is explaining.  I also want to read Marcus Luttrell's new book Service.

3.  I want to continue to train for the half marathon.  I am really enjoying my long runs on Saturdays.  Who knew?

4.  I want to start studying for the GRE.  Yikes!  This will open up the possibilities for when Nate graduates.  We've been talking and planning our future (or what we hope our future will look like) and we have some exciting ideas.

5.  I want to memorize the starting line up for the Huskers.  By memorize I mean also their basic stats.  This is something I've wanted to do for a while and what a better time?

6.  I want to not watch Real Housewives every night of the week.  Although I did see a hilarious preview for Real Housewives of Miami.  Crazy lady!

I want this semester to be as productive for me as it will be for Nate.  The summer kept me going the entire time and I don't want to lose the momentum.

No comments: