Saturday, October 27, 2012

Geeze . . .

First Thing:
By geeze, I mean it's been a while.  This weekend was filled with so much fun.  Nate and I made our way up to NE to celebrate my mother-in-law's 50th birthday and to visit Indian Cave!  We've missed out on the Indian Cave adventure with the Norton's for the last 4 years and it was the one thing that we've wanted to go back for since we've gotten married.  We surprised my mother-in-law by showing up at her house unannounced.  The moment she saw me she screamed!  It was a priceless 50th spent with lots of family
At the start of our trip, I was able to meet up with a dear college friend and her new little guy - Shep. Last time I saw her, he was inside her.  Now he's developing his personality and interested in everything.  What a blessing it was to catch up with here.
We spent the next day visiting Union Orchard and Kimmel Orchard before heading to Indian Cave Sate Park.  The view is beautiful and we hike about 4 miles through the park and end the evening with a bonfire and yummy s'mores. 
Super yummy Jonathan apples (which I later made into apple chips), apple donuts, popcorn, pumpkin butter, and  pecan maple syrup.

After four years, our initials are still there.  When Nate carved these, we were just dating, now we're married.  I hope we can go back and show our little ninos how long it's been there.

There's more!
Such a fun and quick weekend.
Here's to hoping that our Thanksgiving trip to NE brings more time to relax but just as much fun!

Second Thing:
I am thoroughly enjoying my half marathon training (despite a foot injury a few weeks ago) and my current life situation right now.  Nate's in school so I have a lot of time to cook - like learning how to make apple chips, and do crafts - like my Scrabble letters (I'll post about soon).  I promised myself that I would really try not to watch as much TV this school year as I did last school year and so far I've stuck to it.  I watch TV on Sunday while I clean, while I stretch during the week, Husker games, and on Wednesday nights when I'm catching up on New Girl (which airs on Tuesdays).  And of course today - because Pride and Prejudice is on and my body needs a nap from running 13 miles this morning.  Hopefully, I can post more regularly.  Sometimes I'm so busy living my life, I'm too busy to recap it.

No comments: